Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cozy...

I am participating in a blog circle with several other photographers. This months theme was "cozy". At the end of this post, make sure to check out the link posted!

Thinking about cozy, to me a large part of it means family, babies, home...
I got to be down in Nebraska earlier month, waiting for the arrival of my new Nephew. My sisters due date came and went and all too soon it was time for me to head back home. 
 I was packed up with my three kids and headed out of town by 6am Sunday morning, 5 days after baby boy was due, a bit broken hearted that I wouldn't get to meet him right away after all.
But still I had a feeling.. we had been joking for the past two days that all it was going to take was for me to leave. I told my Brother in law the night before that it was going to happen by Sunday night. But I had no choice to stay any longer, I had to leave.

30 miles into my trip back home, my phone rang. I started laughing.
 
 Yep, her water had broke. I turned around and drove as fast as I could back, we knew it would probably be a short labor.
The sunrise was SO gorgeous that morning, I had to take a picture of Baby's birthday sunrise.

 It's hard to tell a birth story when you weren't the one giving birth. But I got to take pictures and I hope I was able to tell a story through them. It was my very first time photographing a birth and it was such a privilege and a wonderful thing to witness.

So, cozy to me that day meant...

Being able to labor where you feel the most comfortable....

...With the people you feel the most comfortable with...
(By the way, the last picture of this one always makes me laugh)

.... Your own Mother delivering your Son and even cozier is holding him for the first time....

...Instantly forgetting the pain and feeling an instant love for a new little life....

... Being born into a family that will love you for the rest of your life. No matter what...
(And you'll love them and all their big-family craziness!)

 

Welcome to the world, Carter James. You are one very loved, cozy little baby.

That's my take on Cozy! So now go on over to Laura Norris Photography and see her cozy blog post!
 


4 comments:

  1. Awww! And he IS such a cozy little thing, he loves to snuggle! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and cozy! Your photos made me feel like I was also in the room. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite definitions of cozy!

    ReplyDelete